If you're involved in an accident, first make sure you and everyone in your car is not injured. Next, check on the passengers in the other vehicle; or, if necessary, make certain that no pedestrians are hurt.
Five things to do if you're in a car accident:
1) Stay at the scene. Leaving can result in additional violations or fines.
2) Call 911 or the police as soon as possible. They'll dispatch medical personnel and a police officer immediately to the scene of the accident. Wait for the police to complete an accident report.
3) If you're on a busy highway, stay inside the car and wait for the police or an ambulance. It's dangerous if passengers stand along a busy street.
4) Don't get into an argument or a fight with the other driver. Simply exchange contact and insurance information. If possible, also get the name and phone numbers of witnesses.
5) Call your insurance provider to report the claim. Your agent will ask you to send any paperwork you receive regarding the accident and will give you instructions as to where
I take great pride in the excellent service we provide our clients. Our rates are highly competitive and we offer high quality protection and always give friendly, fast and courteous assistance.
- Al DeLeon